Saturday, December 1, 2012

Green Arrow and Speedy Foreshadow Young Justice in Justice League Unlimited

Remember the Justice League Unlimited episode where Crimson Avenger and Speedy were teleported in to help Green Arrow.
It was from the episode "Patriot Act" which I thought was one of the best JLU episodes.
What caught my eye (ear actually) was the little exchange between Green Arrow and Speedy at the beginning....

Green Arrow and Speedy Foreshadow Young Justice in Justice League Unlimited

Green Arrow: The Crimson Avenger and my ex-sidekick!
Speedy: Ex-Partner....
Green Arrow: Speedy...we gotta do this now?

What made this funny (and cool) to me was that four years later in Young Justice, Speedy would be the main catalyst in the separation of the heroes and their "sidekicks".
He was even the one that delivered the line "Don't call us sidekicks".

Young Justice-DC Nation


Even though, I know JLU and Young Justice are set in different universes, that kind of tip of the hat is what makes the DCU cool to me.


No comments:

Popular Posts