Sunday, March 16, 2014

Huntress - DC Comics

How can you go wrong if you are the incredibly hot daughter of Batman and Catwoman?
Well you can't.
But that wont stop DC from messing around with you and your origin!

Huntress - DC Comics

Like Hawkgirl, the name "Huntress" has been used in the DC Universe for years and with a lot of different ladies. A lot of people like the Helena Bertinelli version of Huntress, but to me it's a toss-up with the Helena Wayne version. Why? Because she was the daughter of Batman and Catwoman. Of course it was the Batman and Catwoman of Earth-Two, so it actually didn’t count in the "real" DC Universe, but hey....I liked her anyway.

This Huntess was not only killed but also erased from history (kinda harsh DC) in Crisis on Infinite Earths #12. But as DC is want to do, they brought her back, not the character...well yeah the character....kinda... in 1989 as Helena Bertinelli. They used almost the same costume, almost the same name and a different origin.

The Helena Bertinelli Huntress went on to join the Birds of Prey, the Batman Family and was even in the Justice League for a bit. But she had to leave the League after Batman stopped her from killing a supervillain. Yes BATMAN thought she was too unpredictable and violent! I knew I loved her for some reason.

But now...DC...(give me a moment to faceplam, shake my head and roll my eyes) DC with its New 52 has brought back the Earth-2 Batman's daughter, Huntress. Yes....after all that they went back to the first version. Now Huntress is once again Helena Wayne.

I swear I think sometimes they sit around in their meetings and say, "Hey Guys! Wouldn't it be cool if...." and just change everything just for the sake of changing it

No comments:

Popular Posts