I'm in the "just shaking my head" mode now that I found this article at Wired......
Christmas Bombshell: Watchmen Judge to Rule in Favor of Fox
By John Scott Lewinski
If the lawyers at 20th Century Fox really wanted to kill Watchmen when they filed a copyright claim against the Warner Bros. production, they got the perfect ammunition as a Christmas gift Wednesday from a federal judge in Los Angeles.
The New York Times is reporting that U.S. District Court Judge Gary A. Feess will soon rule in favor of Fox -- granting the studio a copyright claim to the movie franchise, which had been in development at several Hollywood studios over the years before Warner Bros. finally got the job done with director Zack Snyder.
http://blog.wired.com/underwire/2008/12/christmas-bombs.html
I read awhile back about a possible boycott of Fox if this action goes through. And yeah I may be small potatoes here compaired to the big Comic sites, but I'm ready to jump onto that bandwagon with them.
I'm really looking forward to this movie and I would hate to see some petty legal action like this stop it's release.
According to the L.A. Times, the release date might just get pushed back.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/herocomplex/2008/12/watchmen-ruling.html
Of course Warner could always settle.....
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/search/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003925125&imw=Y
But one thing Fox needs to realize. The people that they are ticking off here are the notorious "fanboys" (And I don't use that term in a derogatory fashion).
They were raised on and embrace the idea of fighting against what they conceive as evil.
In the old days it was bad guys with guns, but now the bad guys hide behind governments and corporations.
Comics, Marvel Comics, Comic Book News, Marvel Comics Characters, Comic Book Movie News, Comic Book Publishers, Comic Book Artists, Comic Book Movies
Saturday, December 27, 2008
Watchmen Judge to Rule in Favor of Fox
Labels:
20th century fox,
fox,
movies,
the watchmen,
warner brothers,
Watchmen,
watchmen movie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
My favorite incarnation of the Marvel's mutant southern belle was in X-Men: The Animated Series in the 1990s. Lenore Zann pretty much r...
-
A superheroine that's kind of overlooked. Gorgeous, red-haired, able to go toe to toe with Superman and one of the few superheroes that...
-
Comics historian Greg Theakston says that Lee, after receiving Goodman's approval for the name Spider-Man and the "ordinary teen...
-
Created by Marv Wolfman and George Pérez in 1980, Princess Koriand'r also known as Starfire was one of the most popular Teen Titans. Th...
-
I kind of avoided all the opening weekend Wolverine buzz (maybe not to jinx it like I seem to have Watchmen) but going into the second week ...
-
Tigress is the name of three different DC Comics supervillains. The original Tigress was a Golden Age villainess who battled Zatara. The sec...
-
Batwoman is a fictional character, a female counterpart to DC Comics' popular superhero Batman. Batwoman is primarily associated with th...
-
Jubilee has been through a lot in her career. I think she was the happiest in the 1990s on the X-Men cartoon on Fox. But even though she g...
-
Although she is not a hugely popular comic book character, Zatanna Zatara is hugely popular with the fans. Everybody loves her. She was cre...
-
Original TV 'Catwoman': Angelina Jolie Would Be Perfect in the Part Julie Newmar, who starred as the Catwoman in the original "...
No comments:
Post a Comment