Friday, January 30, 2009

The Middleman

The Middleman
And I know I just made a post, but I have to add this.....
I LOVE The Middleman!
In case you didn't get to see it (like I didn't) back during the summer, you can catch it online at the watch TV online sites.
I don't know how this program could be more perfect.
Maybe a bigger budget for special effects, but that's about it.
The inside jokes for comic book fans fly fast (really fast!) and hard.
Javier Grillo-Marxuach deserves an " I'm not worthy" if I ever get to met him.
The Middleman, his sidekick and Middleman in training, Wendy Watson (notice the classic double consonant name), Ida, Lacey Thornfield, Noser, Sensei Ping (a martial arts master that wears a Luchador mask) all fantastic.
My only problem with the series is that so far there has been no movement from ABC for a second season.
Can we not fix that?
Do yourself a favor and watch it.
But be ready to hit the pause and rewind a lot.

My favorite exchange so far (I haven't seen all the episodes yet) .......

THE MIDDLEMAN: Well. You ever read comic books?
WENDY: Yeah. I think Jughead’s a real hoot. Powers, Fell, Astro City, The Spirit, X-Man – old school, not ultimate -- Mouse Guard and The Flash.
THE MIDDLEMAN: Barry Allen or Wally West?
WENDY: Do you want me to leave?

No comments:

Popular Posts