Comics, Marvel Comics, Comic Book News, Marvel Comics Characters, Comic Book Movie News, Comic Book Publishers, Comic Book Artists, Comic Book Movies
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Thor Lives!
I had to post this because it's just too good to pass up.....
Burglar scared off by man dressed as Thor after New Year party
A construction firm manager returning from New Year's Eve fancy dress party scared off a burglar by charging at him dressed as the Norse god Thor.
Six-foot tall Torvald Alexander, 38, was wearing a red cape and the thunder god's silver-winged helmet when he spotted the raider in his front room rifling through a desk.
Mr Alexander, who runs building firm Alexander & Summers in Edinburgh, Scotland, said the burglar threw himself out of a first floor window of his £350,000 home in the Inverleith area of the city after being caught red handed.
Mr Alexander said: "As soon as he saw me his eyes went wide with terror.
"He looked like he had had a few drinks and decided to do a late night break in, but he hadn't counted on the God of Thunder living here."
He added: "I had just got back from a fancy dress New Year's party and because I have a Norwegian name I decided to go as Thor.
"It took ages making the cape, helmet and breast plate, and I must admit it was a bit chilly walking home, but when I saw that guy I just went mad and charged at him, my cape flying behind me.
"I think if I had had Thor's hammer with me I might have scared him to death."
Full story here:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/4059789/Burglar-scared-off-by-man-dressed-as-Thor-after-New-Year-party.html
With the Thor movie in the works, Marvel couldn't buy publicity this good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
My favorite incarnation of the Marvel's mutant southern belle was in X-Men: The Animated Series in the 1990s. Lenore Zann pretty much r...
-
A superheroine that's kind of overlooked. Gorgeous, red-haired, able to go toe to toe with Superman and one of the few superheroes that...
-
Bloody Mary is a New God of Apokolips in the DC Comics universe. A member of the junior Female Furies, Bloody Mary is an energy vampire that...
-
In X-Men: Apocalypse we got a younger version of Jean Grey / Phoenix portrayed by Sophie Turner. And we even got a hint of Dark Phoenix ag...
-
Super realism Comic book heroes aren't as invincible as they once were By Don Aucoin, Globe Staff March 10, 2007 When Superman died i...
-
Amazon superheroine Artemis of Bana-Mighdall (created by writer William Messner-Loebs) first appeared in Wonder Woman #90 (September 1...
-
While CBS was tearing up the night time airwaves in the 1970s with the gorgeous Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman, Saturday morning TV wasn’t too...
-
Zatanna by Ed Benes Zatanna Zatara was created by Gardner Fox and Murphy Anderson back in Hawkman #4 (October-November 1964). Zatann...
-
In 2007, the CW TV show Smallville gave us an incredibly hot version of Supergirl played by the gorgeous Laura Vandervoort. This Supergirl...
-
How can you go wrong if you are the incredibly hot daughter of Batman and Catwoman? Well you can't. But that wont stop DC from messing...

No comments:
Post a Comment