Monday, May 18, 2009

Wolverine Is Still Hanging In There

X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Those are NOT can openers......

Wolverine is still fighting at the box office.
It did have that second week drop I feared it would have, but that was because of Star Trek.
This weekend saw Wolvie drop down to third place behind the debuting Angels and Demons and Star Trek.
Wolverine still managed to pull in a $151.1 million three week total though.

As for the "X-Men Origins: Wolverine"video game, it's kinda like the movie as in I have heard anything from "awesome" to "don't bother".
From what I have heard, the game is very brutal.
Pretty much like what would happen if Wolverine really was allowed to cut loose on someone.
Cut being the operative word.

I'm kinda glad they treat the game this way though.
I know I've complained a lot about dark versus light in superheroes, but Wolverine is one hero that needs to be dark.
Woverine stunning people with his claws doesn't work.
Its like the Punisher with rubber bullets or a stun gun.

I hate to say this, but maybe "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" could have stood to be a little darker.

No comments:

Popular Posts